Support of EDC15C2 systems of Fiat Ulysse 2.0JTD?

Report any bugs found in Multiecuscan and suggest new functionality to be implemented
parato

Support of EDC15C2 systems of Fiat Ulysse 2.0JTD?

Post by parato »

Hello Yani,
Congratulations for wonderful software you`ve created! The program is really stylish and convenient.
Topic subject describe my request, but if you have a minute may read down this..."short message".

I suppose that you aren`t too enthusiastic about adding wide support for old-fashioned (and boring) pre CAN systems, but there are still many second hand Fiats on the road (especially in Bulgaria), which aren`t too old to be chuck up and their owners will yet need for some more convenient and user friendly diagnostic program than VISA or UniDIag.

So, it will be really great if you can add support for 2.0 JTD engines of Fiat Ulysse / Scudo and Lancia Zeta vans – these are models from 1998 to 2002 and also have french twins – Peugeot 806 / Citroen Evasion. Their engine is just boosted version of 2.0 JTD diesels mounted on Fiat Ducato, which already exist in support list of the program. The same improved engine is also mounted on Fiat Ulysse II / Lancia Phedra vans – models `02, but with Variable Geometry Turbo and CAN capabilities of the ECU.

The injection system is Bosch EDC15C2 with Keyword Protocol 2000 communication standard, the physical interface is simple K line (not sure about L). Also, if you decide to add full support - the ABS systems are Bosch ABR 5.3 / ABR 5.3ESP or BENDIX and airbags are AUTOLIV / AUTOLIV ACU.

In fact these 2.0 JTD engines were made by PEUGEOT (just marked as 2.0 HDI ) and FIAT used them to fill up their line of Common Rail diesels. I suspect that it may be hard to add support for these ECUs because EDC15C2 probably talk on some version of KWP2000 protocol adapted for PEUGEOT and uses specific DTCs too. However, taking into account that you already have this kind of engines in your ECU list, just with another version of Bosch EDC system, I hope it wouldn`t be problem for you to add similar ECU type in the future.

I`ll point that besides Fiat and Lancia vans, there are many PEUGEOT and CITROEN models equipped with these diesels (even Suzuki Vitara 2.0 TD has it), so if you add support for EDC15C2 system (or even for benzine engines of Fiat Ulysse), your software may become attractive not only for FIAT owners, but for quite wider circle of people - the situation about non dealer diagnostic tool (software or hardware) for french cars is really bad!

At the end, if you`re still reading this, I will put some more info about this 2.0 JTD/HDI engine mounted on Fiat Ulysse / Scudo and Lancia Zeta. There are two versions of it, as marked by PSA group and I`m not sure if some minor differences in the ECU`s software exist, which basically is Bosch EDC15C2 on both. The marking of two engine versions is:
a) DW10ATED (code RHZ) - first generation of the engine (models`98 - `01): turbo, intercooler, EGR, 8 valves.
b) DW10ATED4 (code RHW) - second generation of the engine (models `01 - `02): turbo, intercooler, EGR, 16 valves plus variable Swirl and Throttle inlet flaps (larger command set for actuator tests ?). The last engine is mounted on my Fiat Ulysse 2.0 JTD.

OK, it became too long for net message. Thanks for reading this and if you give me some positive answer I`ll look forward for the next versions of Multiecuscan.

Best regards
Pavel
kountzero

Re: Support of EDC15C2 systems of Fiat Ulysse 2.0JTD?

Post by kountzero »

Having spent a week outside with laptop, cable and car i have resorted to bumping this topic in the hope that the bosch EDC15C2 ECU will be added soon.

Not one piece of software [lost count] so far has resulted in a succesful connection to my Ulysse.
FEC seems to be the answer but as there is not support for the ecu in the tables i am stuck what to try next.
As the OP has stated there are many vehicles using this common rail power plant and FEc would be a godsend for all the owners out there.