Proxy alignment problem with Fiat 500X SWG module

General support messages
Roberto0187

Proxy alignment problem with Fiat 500X SWG module

Post by Roberto0187 »

Good morning, I added the back camera to the 500X with SWG module, inserting the bypass and performing the alignment of the proxy all ok successful operation and the activation of the rear camera occurred. 
Now I ask you, why the SWG security module disappeared from the checklist, how can I restore the list with the SWG module. 
Thank you Roberto
RoyalHawk

Re: Proxy alignment problem with Fiat 500X SWG module

Post by RoyalHawk »

Roberto0187 wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 08:24 Good morning, I added the back camera to the 500X with SWG module, inserting the bypass and performing the alignment of the proxy all ok successful operation and the activation of the rear camera occurred. 
Now I ask you, why the SWG security module disappeared from the checklist, how can I restore the list with the SWG module. 
Thank you Roberto
Hi, which Model Year and engine is your 500X ?
I am asking because I have a 2019 1.0 Turbo 120 CV and this model is not listed in the SW yet. I need to do a proxy alignment since I have added OEM rear parking sensors and Uconnect 7" but since the model is not included I fear that some issue can occur. thanks
Roberto0187

Post by Roberto0187 »

RoyalHawk wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 13:31
Roberto0187 wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 08:24 Good morning, I added the back camera to the 500X with SWG module, inserting the bypass and performing the alignment of the proxy all ok successful operation and the activation of the rear camera occurred. 
Thank you Roberto
I am asking because I have a 2019 1.0 Turbo 120 CV and this model is not listed in the SW yet. I need to do a proxy alignment since I have added OEM rear parking sensors and Uconnect 7" but since the model is not included I fear that some issue can occur. thanks
Surely your 500x has the SWG, you can check it for yourself, it is mounted on the top of the clutch pedal, behind the body computer. It has two small connectors, for proxy alignment by detaching the SWG control unit and inserting the modified bypass it is possible, the only problem is that being detached, the control unit is excluded from the list by the multiecuscan software. My problem is that since the machine is under warranty, I wanted to restore the list of controllers by realigning the SWG module as well
RoyalHawk

Post by RoyalHawk »

Roberto0187 wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 07:44
RoyalHawk wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 13:31
Thank you Roberto
Surely your 500x has the SWG, you can check it for yourself, it is mounted on the top of the clutch pedal, behind the body computer. It has two small connectors, for proxy alignment by detaching the SWG control unit and inserting the modified bypass it is possible, the only problem is that being detached, the control unit is excluded from the list by the multiecuscan software. My problem is that since the machine is under warranty, I wanted to restore the list of controllers by realigning the SWG module as well
Thank you for the answer. I am aware that the SWG is installed on my car. I already had the bypass ready to be installed. I am in the same situation of you. Also my car is under warranty and the intention is that , after the alignment , I will reinstall the SWG. If I understood correctly, you had reinstalled the SWG after the alignment and now you have the SWG òisted as "Removed"... is it correct ? Be aware that this is normal. Connecting MES with SWG installed you have the "Security Gateway Module (SWG)" status as "Removed (Rimosso)" in the "CAN Setup/PROXI Alignment" SW page. I cannot attach images here, but I have the same situation on my MES without removing the SWG. I send you a PM.