Throttle switch or sensor failure

Report any bugs found in Multiecuscan and suggest new functionality to be implemented
marcar

Throttle switch or sensor failure

Post by marcar »

Hello there,

I have a funny error code return. The car is Alfa 156 2.4 JTD 136 HP of year 2000. It does NOT have a throttle box on the air intake. Only next generation (140 HP and more) do have this box.
However, randomly (once a day or week), the error E6 throttle switch or sensor malfunction is reported by the injection lamp the scanner. Once the error shows, engine power and performance are reduced. I can reset the error and then things go back to normal.

I am unable to identify the failing device / sensor and I little angry to embark the PC and scanner for error resetting !

Anyone can help me with this ?

Thanks
tzok

Re: Throttle switch or sensor failure

Post by tzok »

The error message should probably state "Throttle/acceleration pedal position sensor (potentiometer) error" so it's likely that the problem is with "electronic" acceleration pedal.
andrea

Re: Throttle switch or sensor failure

Post by andrea »

provo ad aiutarti:non sono riuscito bene a capire quello che tu ai scritto comunque se l errore è pedale pista 1 o 2 acceleratore dovresti prima di sostituire il pedale acceleratore,controllare la connessione elettrica (capocorda totale 5pin)montata sul pedale acceleratore sotto plancia .prova ad stringere i terminali e poi provala .verifica se i fili che vanno dal pedale accelerato-re al ecu motore sono integri se tutto ok sostituisci pedale acceleratore ,fami sapere Andrea