159 km blinking after proxy alignment

General support messages
tzzivii

159 km blinking after proxy alignment

Post by tzzivii »

hello

i enabled CC on 2 159-s and after this the mileage (km) sometimes flashes. i have to turn the car off and back on so that everything is ok.

what seems to be the problem?

thank you
tzzivii

Re: 159 km blinking after proxy alignment

Post by tzzivii »

anyone? Yani?
yani
Site Admin

Post by yani »

Seems like electrical fault.
Loose connector or something like that...
tzzivii

Post by tzzivii »

i have the same problem with 4 cars now. sometimes they blink, sometimes they don't.

either after replacing HU and proxy alignment, or retrofitting CC, or activating parking sensors.
tzzivii

Post by tzzivii »

this is getting annoying. reverted everything back to original, did a proxy alignment and the km is still blinking!! it didn't blink before i modified something.

yani, please tell me what to do...
yani
Site Admin

Post by yani »

If the blinking appears only sometimes and disappears after key OFF-ON... then the problem is not in PROXI alignment.
This is an indication of bad connection somewhere.
If the PROXI has failed or performed incorrectly then the Odometer will ALWAYS blink.

Basically, every time you turn the key ON the body computer does a CAN validation procedure (which takes up to 4 seconds). It connects to every module and validates the PROXI configuration data. If some module fails to connect or has incorrect configuration or there is a new module or there is a removed module then the odometer starts to blink.
tzzivii

Post by tzzivii »

yani, please trust me on this one. it cannot be a bad connection when i did not do a thing. i just activated parking sensors display and then it started to blink deactivated and it still blinks. but only sometimes. and this not only on a single car.

on the first car i just fitted the CC stalk and this happened but it blinks only sometimes. i will try and change the CC stalk with another one and see what happens.

thank you

LE: how can i see if it has incorrect configuration?
jurki888

Post by jurki888 »

Bring the battery connector on the fuse and where are the skeleton that helped me in flashing km
tzzivii

Post by tzzivii »

what?
fiatbravoemotion

Post by fiatbravoemotion »

Just check condition of battery. Or replace it. When battery is uncharged or very old, to start engine is enough of power. Then dashboard cannot check all modules connected by CAN. If this procedure is stopped by starting engine, which need very much energy from battery, then odometer is blinking. It is very often in Multijet engines, which need very much of power from battery when started.