Switching Body Computer (pics)

General support messages
LiNuXxX

Switching Body Computer (pics)

Post by LiNuXxX »

The body computer of my Alfa GT 1.9 is broken, the high beam, rear fog light and central locking isn't functioning any more.
I know this becasue i put one from an Alfa 147 1.6 TS in it and everything worked.
But everytime i want to start my car i have to enter the code with the throttle pedal.

Also when i openend my body computer there was an indication of a water drop on the circuit bord.

My question is: i want to buy a body computer but does it matter if ist's from a GT, 147, ... ?
And if i found one, is is possible to program it so i can start normal without entering the code every time?

Best regards,
Last edited by LiNuXxX on 09 Sep 2012, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
LiNuXxX

Re: Changing Body Computer

Post by LiNuXxX »

Can anybody help me with this?

I just need to know if it is possible to buy a second hand Body Computer and program it for my car so i don't have to enter the code every time before starting?

Regards,
DiReCtX

Post by DiReCtX »

From what I think you need to copy the contents of flash memory and EEPROM of Motorola MC912DG128 from the old to the new, maybe just the same eeprom if you everything in the car works but engine don't start or extract "electronic code" from new one and coding key with other software
Regards
bubu321

Post by bubu321 »

- need only copy EEPROM of Motorola MC912DG128 (_magneti Marelli MC68HC912DG256A)from the old to the new.
- if BSI is from Delphi, need only copy 93C86.
- next run Proxy alignment.
LiNuXxX

Post by LiNuXxX »

Getting the dust of this topic.

What software/hardware do i need to coppy the EEPROM data from my old Body computer? (The unit is a Magneti Marelli)
So if i understand it right, it doesn't matter from where the body computer is (GT,147,156) all the extra's on the car like electric fuel cap and so on can be added to the body computer via Multiecuscan's proxi alignment.
LiNuXxX

Re: Switching Body Computer (pics)

Post by LiNuXxX »

Today i did an internal check of the body computer from my Alfa GT 1.9JTD 2004 and compared it with the internals of an Alfa 147 1.6TS 2001.
The circuit boards din't look a like. Is this due to age difference? Or aren't units from a GT and 147,156 compatible?
Body computer Alfa GT

Motorola Chipset Alfa GT

Water damage Alfa GT

Body computer Alfa 147

Motorola Chipset Alfa 147
bowlocks

Re: Switching Body Computer (pics)

Post by bowlocks »

Its not so much age difference as design difference. The cars are not the same. Given its a body computer, think of all the switches, outputs and connection differences between the two. Body modules are very limited computers designed for a specific task and dont have the ability to talk to different modules or deal with input/outputs from other cars. The plugs look the same, but the two BSI's are not compatible.

I make keys for these vehicles using memory extracted from these units. The cheapest tools which might work will be chinese copies of ETL tools. However, as with all chinese copies, they dont reward the creators, and often dont work properly, sometimes causing irreparable damage to what they are connected to. Cheapest legitimate tools would be several hundred Euros.

Then there is the soldering skill required to connect to the units. I regularly see BSI's which have had people 'try' to work on them. Dont do it to a good vehicle. You will kill it.