Problem with the stability of the connection Bosch 1.7.3

Report any bugs found in Multiecuscan and suggest new functionality to be implemented
waho

Problem with the stability of the connection Bosch 1.7.3

Post by waho »

Hello!
I have some issues with the program.
When I set the reading of too many parameters, the program disconnects from ECU.
Often there is information of high latency. I've tried all possible settings of COM port and settings in the FES.
Good stability of the program is whene COM is set to 57600 and KPW is optimal, but still not satisfactory.
What else can I try?

My CPU is Pentium M 1.73 set to max performance, 1Gb of ram, Net FrameWork 2.0, 3.0, 3,5, system Win XP is up to date.
Cable set: KKL Vag and fiat 3pin adapter.
Car: Bravo 1.4 12v MY '97 Bosch Monomotronic MA1.7.3 Injection, ECU ISO Code: AD 86 01 94 9D, SW: AW09M0300166, HW: 0261 204 007
yani
Site Admin

Re: Problem with the stability of the connection Bosch 1.7.3

Post by yani »

I will release a new version of Multiecuscan in a few days and one of the improvements is increased stability with VagCom/KKL interfaces. It will work much more stable.
waho

Post by waho »

Thank You so much Yani.
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

yani wrote:I will release a new version of Multiecuscan in a few days and one of the improvements is increased stability with VagCom/KKL interfaces. It will work much more stable.
great Yani ;) this is what I, and several colleagues are discussing for a long time this problem

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2095#p6059
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmanxxx09?feature=mhum
Channel with our cars & diagnostics Fiat Brava using Multiecuscan - VAG KKL dedicated for FES + ELM327 1.4
wellij81

Post by wellij81 »

Hi Yani,

Now I have a registered version, and I am doing more tests, I find the latency problem makes some things unusable. Is there any news on when this update will happen please?

I have a Dell Latitude 1.7GHz and if I tick the four wheel speed boxes in the ABS ECU Parameters (Bosch 5.3 on Fiat Multipla), then graph and start, it disconnects almost immediately. I have been through all settings, latency, drivers etc, I even disabled antivirus, firewall and wireless to avoid unnecessary background tasks, and no change.

Today I tried a Intel Atom 1.67GHz notebook with 2GB RAM, and it works for maybe 30 seconds before disconnecting. Multiecuscan is great, but I really don't want to have to buy a new laptop just to get it to work properly with the VAGCOM interface!

Thanks,

Jon
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

welly81 buddy - some of us have EXACTLY the same problem, the link above in red is opisnay problem, my perception - the tests and recorded a video. I'm using exactly the same laptop as you and the same problems occur. The problems with delay and disconnection disappear when you use a laptop with a good top shelf. Very simple to write and change that to FES, please use a laptop with a good example, 2.0 GHz processor or better, so that worked well with cable VAG KKL , but then it is not viable.
Difference in the cost of buying a laptop-type 1.5-and 2.0.Ghz, dual core or better is 300-400 euros, even ..... So for that you can already buy Universal Scanner.
This is also why I join in the request to improve connections for laptops weaker

Yani - waiting for an upgrade - the program works fine to me, but now must borrow a better laptop that is annoying
Channel with our cars & diagnostics Fiat Brava using Multiecuscan - VAG KKL dedicated for FES + ELM327 1.4
wellij81

Post by wellij81 »

Hi Darkman,

I have read about all the problems others are having with similar laptops, so I know I'm not alone! But, there is a further problem. Just now I had the opportunity to try a new top-spec laptop. It is an HP Elitebook 8740W, with Win 7 Pro, Intel Core i5 2.67GHz, 4GB Ram, 32 bit, and exactly the same problem happens! I tick all four wheel speed sensors, graph, start graph, and it lasts maybe 30 seconds and disconnects.

Surely that must be a powerful enough laptop to run the program properly?

Jon
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

I wrote about it too, even the super laptop sometimes also has problems with reading the ECU. Yani's why I think that should add to improve the system in the form of relief when reading the actual parameters using np.VAG KKL
When I used version 2.6.1 on a super good laptop, everything was fine. Now when I use version 2.7-2.8.2, even on a good laptop that happens to me sometimes disconnected, but rarely
wellij81

Post by wellij81 »

Hi Darkman,

Thanks for your help. I have started a new thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2200#p6594

because I have done more testing and my problem is only on the ABS and does not depend on the processor, or the software version. I went back to V2.0 and it still does not work.

Jon
waho

Post by waho »

After installing 3.0.1 version I have a serious problem.
FES connects very nicely with the ECU, but when I want to read the parameters or errors program disconnects me.
I tried all possible settings of the program and com port
Tomorrow, I'll try 3.0.3 version
Can I go back to v2.8.2 without any problems?

Edit:
Ok now I can read the parameters and errors, but the stability of the connection is the same as in 2.8.2 version.
Interface test reports delays at 5-7ms.