Panda self-adaptation reset

General support messages
Abraa

Panda self-adaptation reset

Post by Abraa »

Hi Yani,

I've done self-adaptation reset to my gf Panda and as the manual says I started the car, waited til it gets to around 90 degrees C and accelerated to about 4500 three times for three seconds, but MIL won't stop blinking. Also I tested another V1.4a ELM for proxy - no luck. But that doesn't matter - I need this self-adaptation off. Will MIL stop blinking over with time? OR I need to do something else? There's no errors recorded and phonic wheel reports OK.

Regards
Fiat Panda 1.1 2004 & Fiat Punto 1.2 60 1998
Mal126

Re: Panda self-adaptation reset

Post by Mal126 »

What engine is it, MIL flashes if the engine oil needs changing on certain models, then needs a service reset
could this be the issue ?

Regards

Mal
Multiecuscan Registered Fiat Croma Bought New 2006
Abraa

Post by Abraa »

no, no... I've done self-adaptation reset and It's suppose to blink until new map is generated. Unfortunately the procedure included with FES doesn't work. I called FIAT today, the guy told me I have to drive now and wait until it gets the right map, then it probably would stop blinking. Service is reset and Oil changed a few months ago for Mobil S2000. Besides, FIAT guy told me he does not want to see my car ever at his service, because they had so many cars where client interrupted and broke something, etc. etc. Fu..ing pricks... And when I asked him how much is proxy alignment to stop my mileage blinking he said that The tacho dials have no way to work with a car which has no Tacho from new because Body doesn't know it has Tacho. All those Irish mechanics are such idiots... :roll:

Anyway, I took it for a spin of about 30 km now, it's still blinking, but the car runs well (except for getting choked a little if you step hard on accelerator but I think that's normal). Does anybody know for sure how this self adjustment works in Pandas really?
yani
Site Admin

Post by yani »

Which engine?
Abraa

Post by Abraa »

1.1 54BHP 2004,

Yani, do you think it could be that I used procedure for Panda 1.2 ? I've got mixed up since my punto is 1.2, but I think if the ECU is same it shouldn't make a difference right?
yani
Site Admin

Post by yani »

Abraa wrote:do you think it could be that I used procedure for Panda 1.2 ? I've got mixed up since my punto is 1.2, but I think if the ECU is same it shouldn't make a difference right?
This should not be a problem if you have used the same ECU (IAW 4AF/4EF/59F/5AF) from Panda 1.2.

Here is the complete description for the phonic wheel learning procedure (translated from Italian):
To perform the learning must be done the following:
1. Start the engine and see if the MIL on the instrument panel blinks, if so go to step 2
2. Turn the key contact on the RUN position, start the engine and check that the H2O temperature is at least 85°C
3. With transmission in neutral and stationary (zero speed), run 3 accelerated to a recommended regimen of 6000 rpm, and after each accelerated fully release the accelerator pedal and wait for the speed drops to the minimum.
4. Verify that the end of the third cut-off mode of Blink MIL is off (can be OFF or ON in the presence of fault), otherwise continue repeating the procedure in step 3
5. Turn the key contact in the OFF position and wait at least 30s for recording the data in permanent storage of information.
Please note that if your vehicle has GAS or Methane system then it must be switched to normal (gasoline) operation while performing the procedure.

It was also advised somewhere to execute "Self-adaptation reset" before performing "Phonic wheel learn reset"....

Hope this helps...
Abraa

Post by Abraa »

Thanks for info Yani, but Phonic wheel status is ok (i didn't reset that). I've used self-adaptation reset, so I'll try that later, but I don't think this will help :/ Do you think I should perform it again with phonic wheel reset as well? I'm afraid, cause if your suppose to drive a car until it gets new map, than another reset would cancel whatever I drived so far :/ Do you have a self-adjustment procedure description (could be in italian - whats google translate for :))
Abraa

Post by Abraa »

Ok Yani. You're my official God of Cars. I'll do sacrifice a sheep for you as soon as I can. three times 6000 killed MIL flash. It proves that Fiat serviceman are clueless about everything :D
yani
Site Admin

Post by yani »

Great news! ( well, not for the sheep itself :) )
It's good to hear that all your problems are resolved... I will update the description to say 6000RPM ...