Fiat punto HGT program halts

Report any bugs found in Multiecuscan and suggest new functionality to be implemented
reneweteling

Fiat punto HGT program halts

Post by reneweteling »

Hey,

When i read out my parameters from my car this all works just fine only the programs stops and returns to the main screen in a few seconds. Only when i choose some parameters to put them in the graph the program returns to the main window.

what am i doing wrong?

my specs are:

computer:
windows 7 running windows xp in VMWARE

the car:
punto hgt '00

please help!!
wertyfrog

Re: Fiat punto HGT program halts

Post by wertyfrog »

I have seen this too, also on a punto HGT, looks like a latency problem when using KKL cable, i also have a elm327 and it seems to work ok.

i tried all the usual tweaks in the windows driver (FTDI) with no sucsses but it works on a ´97 alfa 159 so i´m guessing it may be the Hitachi ECU that is a little bit slow on the draw? maybe allowing longer reply times for the Hitachi ECU would help?

PS. I have looked a bit on the possibilities of creating a twaked OEM driver for the FTDI or a registry hack, and it looks like it should be possible to raise driver priority and maybe even setting the buffer lower than 16 bytes, would that help with the generel latency issues of this interface?
pvalerio

Post by pvalerio »

any news on this problem?
yani
Site Admin

Post by yani »

Hi,

Please send a report using the small red button "Send Report".
It will be even better if you send two reports - one with VagCom and another one with ELM.

Yani
pvalerio

Post by pvalerio »

hey guys

i just bought an elm327 v1.2a and it works! it only connects to hitachi (for other ecu it needs v1.3+) but it is stable and very cheap.