latency too high, even with latency set to 1

General support messages
pvalerio

latency too high, even with latency set to 1

Post by pvalerio »

hello!

my connection between usb vag kkl cable and hitachi mpi (fiat punto 1.8 16v '00) is very unstable, it disconnects every few seconds or minutes. i have the newest ftdi drivers and latency set to 1 or 2. tested also on different notebooks with windows xp and 7. any suggestions i could try? would a elm 327 usb help?

greetings from switzerland

edit: oh another little question... will it be possible in the next version to reset self-learned parameters with hitachi mpi ecu?
yani
Site Admin

Re: latency too high, even with latency set to 1

Post by yani »

If your laptop is fast enough, then you probably use "Power saving" power plan which limits the CPU speed to minimum.
Just change your power settings and everything should work fine.

You can also use an ELM interface. The laptop speed is not very significant when you use an ELM interface.
pvalerio

Post by pvalerio »

i tried setting power saving settings to "performance", still got the disconnects. laptops i tried are:

hp mini 210 netbook (intel atom, intel chipset)
hp nx6110 (intel pentium m, intel chipset)
hp mini 2133 (via c7, via chipset)

i also played with the buffer length with no effect.

won't a elm interface with ftdi usb chipset have the same issues?
mattydr67

Post by mattydr67 »

ELM 327 hasn't this kind of issue but I don't know why you had that kind of problems with vagcom kkl 409.1 interface.
Try with another interface froma friend to see if that the issue is still, because I tried the VagCom 409.1 on many and diffrent kind of laptops and if you set the latency at 2 ( not 1) you will have no problems at all.
Take care ELM327 dosen't have full coverage and you need VagCom and ELM327 for full coverage or when Yani will tell us that it is ok the best is OBDKey becasue has both functions of VagCom and ELM327.
Good luck
pvalerio

Post by pvalerio »

unfortunately i don't know anyone with another vagcom interface. i just don't understand why i still can connect, read faults and sensors. sometimes the connection lives 5 mins. could it be a voltage problem from a regulator of the interface, if it has something like that?
mattydr67

Post by mattydr67 »

I think it could be.
I told you hadn't any kind of this issue.
The simple mod to check is to try with another tool but you said that it is a problem becasue you don't know anyone who has a vagcom.
Tell me that it happens when you try a conection to the engine Ecu or even you try to conect to the Airbag or ABS?
Good luck
pvalerio

Post by pvalerio »

I have this problem when connected to engine ecu. I don't have connected the other pins for abs or airbag, because I don't need it, so I can't test. I'll try with latency set to 2.
wertyfrog

Post by wertyfrog »

i think the key is Hitachi mpi & KKL combo
also see:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1661