MES and AR Giulia Q4 petrol 280hp

General support messages
populus

MES and AR Giulia Q4 petrol 280hp

Post by populus »

Good morning, I apologize for my approximate English, I use google translate. I own an Alfa Romeo Giulia MY 2022 petrol Q4 280 hp veloce with Harman Kardon audio system (hereinafter HK).
For some time now, a friend of mine who is passionate about car audio and I have been evaluating possibility of upgrading audio system; to proceed with this (new amp and speakers) it is necessary to change a value of one byte as suggested here https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/one-place-stereo-upgrade-options.32073/page-2?nested_view=1&sortby=oldest#replies by user Unique from post #61; a short time ago we tested change of byte 112 responsible type of audio signal, that is when the value is 20 ( default) audio signals coming from ETM are controlled only by HK amplifier in the trunk, when it assumes value 00 operation of HK amplifier in the trunk is excluded and by doing so audio signals are managed by ETM (module near the steering column that takes care of managing the audio signals of the radio, navigator, Bluetooth, etc.) this allows us to be able to add another more performing amplifier and consequently be able to change speakers for significantly better performance. To verify the aforementioned we only changed byte 112 by bringing it from 20 to 00 and performed the proxy alignment procedure, all with insertion of the cables when the program said so, first blue and then grey, (to overwrite various control units) everything went smoothly without any anomalies. After having performed checks on the behavior of byte brought to 00 and ascertained that modification of byte brought expected results (we tested with a temporary amp and 4 speakers with temporary connections that expected audio came out having also physically excluded HK). Subsequently we restored connections with HK (since these are not negligible monetary investments we preferred not to risk buying components first), then brought byte 112 back to value 20 as originally and after redone proxy alignment without problems, we realize by looking at complete string of bytes that another 4 bytes do not correspond to the original ones. In fact, checking list of active and/or disabled things we notice differences: SGW not present, before it was present but bypassed Corner lights (which I think are the LED cornering ones inside the headlight) and visually checked do not work and before they The lateral inclination of headlights also does not work anymore if I steer. We then tried to insert values of the different bytes copying them exactly as those seen and photographed originally, performed proxy alignment successfully without errors, but after rechecking there are still the same ones as before, as if we had not modified them. I attach error report, screenshots of bytes before and after, other screenshots.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 3134 times
After  modification.jpg
After modification.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 3134 times
Original custom proxy.jpg
Original custom proxy.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 3134 times
populus

Re: MES and AR Giulia Q4 petrol 280hp

Post by populus »

Other info with log...see attachments
Attachments
2° byte change 112 00 to 20 after test FESLog_2408171625_Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 Turbo 16V MultiAir.txt
(5.17 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
1°byte change 112 20 to 00 FESLog_2408171512_Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 Turbo 16V MultiAir.txt
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
shpuncik

Post by shpuncik »

searching for the problem where there is none I see ;)

you don't touch bytes in the beginning. in fact you should not be touching anything from 1 to 57 bytes.

SGW is special kind of module - it status is always "Removed" in proxi list whether it's connected or not. if you want it back there is option in proxi config to enable it.
chrener

Post by chrener »

Hi!
Dont worry everything is OK
Numbers in red frame are control checksum...
After go units configured in proxi so dont touch bytes from 1 to 57!
And car config goes from byte 58...

But one thing that I am worried about is your audio system setting, because when you change your AMP from PREMIUM CAN (112=20) to standard (112=00) you still have audio configured as premium, so i mean that you also have to change accoustic config (114) and speakers config (121)...

regards
Jeep Renegade 1.4 MultiAir TURBO 75th Anniversary
populus

Post by populus »

chrener wrote: 14 Sep 2024, 09:08 Hi!
Dont worry everything is OK
Numbers in red frame are control checksum...
After go units configured in proxi so dont touch bytes from 1 to 57!
And car config goes from byte 58...

But one thing that I am worried about is your audio system setting, because when you change your AMP from PREMIUM CAN (112=20) to standard (112=00) you still have audio configured as premium, so i mean that you also have to change accoustic config (114) and speakers config (121)...

regards
Thanks for info, can you be more precise about which interventions are modified (and which is better to set) for bytes 114 and 121?