MES causing ABS alarms on Ducato instrument panel

Report any bugs found in Multiecuscan and suggest new functionality to be implemented
deejays

MES causing ABS alarms on Ducato instrument panel

Post by deejays »

Hi, I have an alarming issue with MES - literally. I am using a registered MES version 5.2.
The vehicle is a 2018 Fiat Ducato Type 290, 2.3 Multijet, 150HP with Comfortmatic gearbox.
MES works perfectly in every way, except for this one issue. Whenever MES connects with the ABS module, whether that be by a full module scan, or by directly connecting with the ABS module, it triggers the vehicle to generate an ABS alarm - including yellow and red warning lights and audible beep alarm on the dash of the vehicle. The first time it happened gave me the shivers! This is a repeatable issue and occurs with either of the two interfaces I have - OBDLINK SX, and Vgate vLinker FS USB on Win 11. Apart from this issue, I can access the ABS module, view live data etc – all normal, except for the vehicle alarms being triggered. Is this a known issue, and does anyone have any advice regarding this? The alarm is present until disconnecting MES from the ABS module. It does not appear to have caused any permanent issues with the vehicle.
A subsequent scan with an AUTEL MaxiDas DS808 shows nil errors. The AUTEL scanner does not trigger the issue and connects with the ABS module as normal. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
s130

Re: MES causing ABS alarms on Ducato instrument panel

Post by s130 »

There are people here with far more daily experience of using MES so hopefully we will get some good feedback.

It is a long time since I connected to an ABS system but I seem to recall it does create an ABS alarm warning / light on the dash. Same for air bags/restraints if I recall correctly. Generally I think you will find multiple warning lights on the dash when MES connects.

As to why the Autel scanner does not trigger the ABS alarm warning I don't know.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus
bowdenandymecom

Re: MES causing ABS alarms on Ducato instrument panel

Post by bowdenandymecom »

I always get an ABS error when I do an MES DTC scan of my Fiat or my Alfa Romeo.

The error is temporary and it doesn't concern me and the DTC scan gives valid results.