Cable or software issue?

Multiecuscan usage help and guides
bb76

Cable or software issue?

Post by bb76 »

Hi all,

I've tried to connect to A Ford Ka using ELM327 as it's a Fiat 500 engine. The cable seems to be installed ok and on opening the software (5.2 free version) I can do a scan and it picks up ECU, BCM, ABS and steering so it seems the cable is ok.

If I try to connect to any module it says the registered version is required. All options in the list of modules are red except CAN info is blue, though I don't have the adapter for that to prove it out and also the Scan DTC codes option is greyed out.

Is there something I am missing here as I believe the free version should allow me to read some live data and it has detected one of the ECU modules in the list ok?

Any help is appreciated, and apologies if this is answered elsewhere but the search function keeps telling me to wait an increasing number of seconds.
shpuncik

Re: Cable or software issue?

Post by shpuncik »

firstly if MES tells you you need registered version then you need registered version.
secondly I don't see Ford Ka under supported cars.
thirdly for Ford diagnostic I'd check Forscan.
bb76

Post by bb76 »

shpuncik wrote: 10 Jul 2024, 15:55 firstly if MES tells you you need registered version then you need registered version.
secondly I don't see Ford Ka under supported cars.
thirdly for Ford diagnostic I'd check Forscan.
I know it’s not on the supported list but the Ford KA and Fiat 500 are largely the same car with different badges and it is a Fiat ecu I’m trying to connect to.

Today I’ve tried on a Fiat 500x and again I can scan and detect modules but trying to connect to any modules requires the registered version.

Also the Scan DTC option is greyed out, surely this should work on everything which makes me suspect something isn’t set up correctly
s130

Post by s130 »

As far as I recall / know the Scan DTC function is always greyed out until a connection has been made to the car.

Try using the EOBD vehicle choice (below Moto Guzzi). This I believe will connect and function like any cheap basic OBD tool.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus