FAIT 500 - Problems accessing ECUs via CAN Adaptor

General support messages
Gazza

FAIT 500 - Problems accessing ECUs via CAN Adaptor

Post by Gazza »

Hi, I am a new user. I have a registered version of 4.7MES. I can connect to the OBD interface and use my ELM327 OBD interface - USB lead to connect to my Windows 10 I7 laptop. I have synced my COM Port data from Device Manager with MECS and used the advanced PORT configurations to avoid latency and timeout issues. I can "SCAN" my 2008 FIAT 500 1.3mj Diesel using the ELM interface directly linked to the car's OBD interface and it returns data on 4 modules ...Engine, Body, ABS and Power Steering. I found these errors with a "DTC" scan and fixed them with it.

Errors found:
U1724-87 - Parking Sensor Node (NSP) - Missing message
U1702-87 - Electric Steering (NGE) - Missing message
U1705-87 - Receiver Radio (NRR) - Missing message
U1703-87 - Instrument Panel node - Missing message
U1706-87 - Brake system (NFR) - Missing message
U1726-87 - Airbag Node (NAB) - Missing message
B1009-16 - Battery voltage - Voltage too low
U0019-88 - B-CAN line - Bus OFF
U0426-31 - Minicrypt - No signal
B10AA-4A - PROXI configuration control - Incorrect component installed
U1733-87 - Convergence Telematic Node (L1 and L2) - Missing message

The U0019-88 & the U1733-87 messages re-occur after a while.

I have tried different combinations of ELM327 lead ( I have 3) and yellow CAN adaptor cable but I cannot scan or connect to access the other modules which are only accessible by CAN.

I clearly need to start by doing a PROXI ALIGNMENT procedure because I have a flashing odometer and lots of other symptons (eg No Blue & Me) associated with this process being required. This follows the battery running flat.

(By the way, Battery charges up OK but seems to discharge quite quickly even when I only have the key in the "pre-start" position so I can use the diagnostics. Could the battery be the problem which is preventing me using the CAN interface?)

Unless I can access the CAN accessed module I am stumped, please provide some advice. I was aware of the ELM327 issue with CAN lead adaptors but I have tried ELMs from approved MES sources with the same results so I am inclined to think that the problems lies within the car not the diagnostic kit.
alex-et3

Re: FAIT 500 - Problems accessing ECUs via CAN Adaptor

Post by alex-et3 »

your problem is the blue e me ECU to be replaced.
you don't solve anything by aligning the proxy ... the odometer blinks because the blue e me ECU is dead
Gazza

Post by Gazza »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I suspected the Blue & Me ECU may be faulty. I don't really need the Blue & Me functionality that is missing, I just want to fix the dashboard issues. Can I simply locate the Blue and Me ECU (I believe its in the bodywork behind the passenger door) and remove it or will I need to replace it with a working unit?
alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 »

if you don't care about the blue and me you can delete it from the proxy.
Just disconnect the blue e me control unit and then do the proxy alignment.I suggest you save your original proxy, as you need it if you had to restore the blue e me