Blue and me not working (allready tried all efforts)

General support messages
WILDCARD

Blue and me not working (allready tried all efforts)

Post by WILDCARD »

Hi guys.

Well, I do not know where to start. Lets start by saying I have a 2008 Fiat Bravo Tjet sport (right hand drive, I am in South Africa) equipped with the blue and me system. My vehicle is rather full house including climate control and panoramic sunroof. The Blue and system is the only thing irritating me to death and actually I am thinking of selling the car because I am fed now with it.

Ever since I bought the car ( from a private seller) the Blue and me system did not work. I will also add that the steering control buttons do not work either. Well, the windows logo and telephone are the only two buttons not working. all the other buttons function well and like they are suppose to.

Now, I have searched the net and browsed other forums and it seems like this is a common problem. I have done basically everything they have said.
Here is a summary of what I have tried to get it working:

1) I removed the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes. attached it again, still not working.
2) I removed the negative terminal for half an hour, still not working.
3) I removed the negative terminal over night, still not working.
4) I formatted a 4GB memory stick to FAT32, downloaded the blue and me update for my car model being a model before 2010, copied the files to my memory stick (not in a folder), inserted the memory stick into the USB port, nothing happens after 10 minutes of waiting. The memory stick lights do flash and the light behind the USB port is on so it tells me there is power to the USB port.
5) I then connected via multiecuscan to the dashboard section of m car, to connect to the blue an me system to check for errors. It then showed no errors.
6) I then did a proxy alignment with multiecuscan. Everything went smooth and it finished within 5 minutes with no problems or errors.
7) tried pressing the windows button on the steering wheel again, nothing happens.
8) I check each and every fuse under the passenger compartment dashboard. They are all fine.
9) I checked each and every fuse in the engine bay, they are also perfect and in order.

TO mention, I have no flashing odometer as I understand that if this happens it might be related in some or other way. I can however add that the only time the KM reading odometer flashes is when I press the trip button on the wiper stalk. that when you go through the different trip meters etc. It flashes while I do that but once I have run through the whole menu and it returns to the normal position the flashing stops. So I am under the impression this is normal when the trip button is pressed on the wiper stalk.

This system is just dead. I really do not know what do do next or what the problem should be. Please I am really stuck now and do not know what to do as I would really like to get this system going again.
The only close part of this Fiat Blue and me system I have ever seen is the blue and me logo on the speedo menu cluster upon start up.

Any ideas or where I should start looking for problems now?
Where is the blue and me system unit located in the Bravo?
Could the unit be faulty or dead because that is the only thing that I think is causing the problem.

any assistance will be highly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read my topic.

Regards
Walter
WILDCARD

Re: Blue and me not working (allready tried all efforts)

Post by WILDCARD »

No help or advice on where to start now?
Please guys before start stripping the whole dashboard out.

Will want to hear what is the way foward for me.

Thanks you
alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo »

Does the radio CD working normally?
Only Blue Me does not work?

- Try to check fuses and installation. Maybe some fuse is loose or dead.
- Check in CAN system what is removed and what is not removed.
- See also in CAN system about can is the Blue Me present and try to disable and enable it. Try few times and see if it is working.
- Also you can try to change vehicle type and sound type in CAN system... They are connected directly with radio and that means also with Blue Me system...
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars
WILDCARD

Post by WILDCARD »

alfa156sarajevo wrote:Does the radio CD working normally?
Only Blue Me does not work?

- Try to check fuses and installation. Maybe some fuse is loose or dead.
- Check in CAN system what is removed and what is not removed.
- See also in CAN system about can is the Blue Me present and try to disable and enable it. Try few times and see if it is working.
- Also you can try to change vehicle type and sound type in CAN system... They are connected directly with radio and that means also with Blue Me system...
The radio and CD works normal and fine. No problem with it
Ive check every single fuse in the car including the one at the back of the radio CD unit. They are all fine.
CAN system gave no error that anything is removed. But I will double check this.
Will check if again if Blue and me is activated in about CAN just to make sure. But if I remember clearly everything was fine and it showed enabled. Will double check.
I will try and change vehicle type and sound type in CAN system. Maybe it will wake the system up.
But I am afraid and convinced that the blue and me unit has died a horrible death....
WILDCARD

Post by WILDCARD »

Just a question.

If I can get the generation 2 Blue and me unit from a 2011 model Bravo will it be compatible and work in my 2008 model bravo? All plugs look the same.
alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo »

WILDCARD wrote:Just a question.

If I can get the generation 2 Blue and me unit from a 2011 model Bravo will it be compatible and work in my 2008 model bravo? All plugs look the same.
I am not 100% sure will it work. There are models from 2007 till 2009 and they are 1st generations of Bravo vehicles.
Models from 2010 till today are 2nd generation and they are a little bit different but not too much. They are called FL (face lifting models).

To be sure check in ePER model number of BlueMe or check by VIN number which BlueMe are suitable for your Bravo.
If you do not have ePER, send me your VIN and I will check for you + I will send you back PDF/JPG file with suitable models... ;)
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars