Magneti-Marelli IAW 8GSF CF5 Oil Change adjustment fails

Report any bugs found in Multiecuscan and suggest new functionality to be implemented
bgunn

Magneti-Marelli IAW 8GSF CF5 Oil Change adjustment fails

Post by bgunn »

Hello,

When I try to do the 'Oil Change', or 'UniAir actuator dispersion correction' on my 2011 500 Twin Air, MES comes up 'Failed to Execute'.

I can do 'Self-adaption parameters reset' successfully. I also tried a 'Replacement of UniAir module' incase that would work to clear the UniAir adaptions, and that failed to execute also.

I have sent the diagnostics logs from MES.
Polar

Re: Magneti-Marelli IAW 8GSF CF5 Oil Change adjustment fails

Post by Polar »

Is it possible to get a clear answer on this issue? It looks this procedure fails also on Alfa Romeo Mito with same ECU.
Can anyone from the developers enlighten us?
bgunn

Post by bgunn »

Yani did feedback to me after looking at the logs I returned that the Oil Change process (i.e. reset adaptions in the Uni Air module in the ECU) does work, but the dispersion correction part fails - this appears not to be supported in that particular ECU. The Oil change process in MES does the oil change bit, and then automatically tries to run the dispersion correction.

I suspect these functions will be removed as they are redundant/not supported in this ECU.

So if you do an 'oil change' - it'll actually do what you want it to for the moment, but won't appear to have.
Polar

Post by Polar »

bgunn wrote:Yani did feedback to me after looking at the logs I returned that the Oil Change process (i.e. reset adaptions in the Uni Air module in the ECU) does work, but the dispersion correction part fails - this appears not to be supported in that particular ECU. The Oil change process in MES does the oil change bit, and then automatically tries to run the dispersion correction.

I suspect these functions will be removed as they are redundant/not supported in this ECU.

So if you do an 'oil change' - it'll actually do what you want it to for the moment, but won't appear to have.
Thanks for your answer!
However it isn't yet clear. If these functions are not supported by this ECU, why some users have managed to execute them without problems with an older version of MES 1.3
Do you know anything about this?
bgunn

Post by bgunn »

Polar wrote:
Thanks for your answer!
However it isn't yet clear. If these functions are not supported by this ECU, why some users have managed to execute them without problems with an older version of MES 1.3
Do you know anything about this?
I didn't know that - and didn't know that MES 1.3 worked with the TwinAir ECU?
Polar

Post by Polar »

bgunn wrote: I didn't know that - and didn't know that MES 1.3 worked with the TwinAir ECU?
it's the same ECU.
To solve this question we must really have a developer here to clarify, I've sent Yani also a private message, but no answer...
euroscan

Post by euroscan »

- from BBTT info
Warning: before executing this control, the AFAS values reset function shall be executed