Iveco Daily

General support messages
heith1

Iveco Daily

Post by heith1 »

This vehicle, Iveco Daily 2007, built by Fiat and using the same 3.0 ltr motor (multijet 160). Is there a quick answer as to Multiecuscan being able to connect in a usable manner to the OBD connecter of the Iveco Daily? Thanks

I have confirmed that both vehicles use a EDC16C39 computer. But I can't obtain info on cable connection or if My Multiecuscan will connect.

I have had several Fiats and like Multiecuscan, but would like to help a friend who has the Iveco.

Any advice would be grateful Thanks.
s130

Re: Iveco Daily

Post by s130 »

The EDC16C39 CF4 ECU requires a simple KKL cable / ELM interface with no modifications as the ECU should be on Pin7.
The EDC16C39 CF5 ECU requires an ELM interface as it is a CANBus connected ECU.

In the Supported Vehicles list the are some 50+ vehicles that use the EDC16C39 ECU. I would suggest that you use your ELM interface with no adapter cable and then select a vehicle that uses the CF4 and try to connect. You may get an Invalid ISO Code response but just connect anyway and see what happens. You can try another CF4 vehicle if you have to. If these fail then select a vehicle with the CF5 ECU and try connecting to this. Note! The ELM interface will automatically talk on the correct EOBD Pins. No adapter cable required.

If you can connect OK and most/all of the MultiECUScan functions appear to work then post in the Features Request section stating the vehicle model, year, engine size and most importantly the Engine ISO code. Yani may then be able to add the vehicle/ECU to the Supported list once he has verified the data you supplied.

Let us all know how you get on.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus
heith1

Post by heith1 »

Thanks for this comprehensive response. It will be a couple of weeks until I get to undertake the tests, but to assist others I will certainly report back. Thanks again.
heith1

Post by heith1 »

Tried to connect the ELM Scantool adapter today. Without any adapter cable, I selected the Ducato X250 which from the Iveco Worksop manual had the same C4 ECU. The connection was made and the error code as above occurred. I acknowledged "Y" to continue and the system connected. I read the DTC and was able to clear them. I changed screens to execute the required "oil change reset", but the system reported an error on execution. I forget the actual wording of the error, but it was the standard wording that occurs when the program either fails to execute or is prevented from execution.

I also tried connection with the yellow CAN adapter cable. The cable failed to make a connection.

Tried another motor "Diablo" which had the same C4 ECU and also a C5 ECU with the same result.

I will try to find out the diagnostic pinouts for the Iveco, or is it true that even though it is a Fiat derived vehicle, Multiecuscan will not execute the requested operations due to programming restrictions.

Any further help or suggestions would be appreciated.
mcb58

Post by mcb58 »

heith1 wrote:Tried to connect the ELM Scantool adapter today. Without any adapter cable, I selected the Ducato X250 which from the Iveco Worksop manual had the same C4 ECU. The connection was made and the error code as above occurred. I acknowledged "Y" to continue and the system connected. I read the DTC and was able to clear them. I changed screens to execute the required "oil change reset", but the system reported an error on execution. I forget the actual wording of the error, but it was the standard wording that occurs when the program either fails to execute or is prevented from execution.

I also tried connection with the yellow CAN adapter cable. The cable failed to make a connection.

Tried another motor "Diablo" which had the same C4 ECU and also a C5 ECU with the same result.

I will try to find out the diagnostic pinouts for the Iveco, or is it true that even though it is a Fiat derived vehicle, Multiecuscan will not execute the requested operations due to programming restrictions.

Any further help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi dear friend;

here is the İveco OBD pinout
OBD16 pin

2---Engine K line
14--ABS8 K line
9---İmmo Kline
6---Airbag K line
15--Airbag L line
10--Transmission K line
11-- CAN H line
12--CAN L line
13--Body K line
16-- +V supply
4-5--GND

i also need the 2012 -2013 model İveco Daily Oil Change with EDC17 ECU, is it possible try it from DUCATO menu with FES 1.8 ?

please let me know your ideas??

Regards