Stilo Airbag Test Not Completed

General support messages
ics19

Stilo Airbag Test Not Completed

Post by ics19 »

JTD 06/2003 - I've replaced the airbag ECU with new unit as old unit did not respond. I can now use MES with KL/vagcom and no errors reported. However, the instrument display now says Airbag Test Not Completed !

I've checked using the ELM327 interface and the CAN info has the Airbag Node (NAB) reported as "Not Present" and "Not Active" - I've run the MES proxi alignment but no change.

Can the new ECU be added using MES?

Thanks, ics19
yani
Site Admin

Re: Stilo Airbag Test Not Completed

Post by yani »

If the airbag node is reported as "Not Present" and "Not Active" it means that the body computer does not see the airbag node.
This means that the CAN connection between airbag module and body computer is interrupted. You have to check the two CAN wires which go to the airbag module.
ics19

Post by ics19 »

Hi yani,

Thank you for your reply - I have only just got back to look at this. Do you know the pin numbers on the Siemens ECU for the 2 CAN lines? I have checked the Stilo Elearn CD, but it only shows the K-Line connection on A6.

Thanks,
Ics19
ics19

Post by ics19 »

Just to give an update on this problem: I've found the full pin out of the Siemens airbag ECU in the additional accessories section of the eLearn CD (totally separate from the other airbag info). There are no CAN lines listed, so all comms from the body computer must be via the K-line diagnostics. As mentioned originally, the airbag diag all checked out ok with no errors, it was just the "Airbag Test Not Completed" warning message that pops up and the fast flashinhg warning light.

As a last resort, I took the car to the local FIAT dealer and they "Programmed new ECU into system" - no technical details i'm afraid, buy it must have very easy as I was only charged 1/4 hour labour. Maybe this is feature that might be worth investigating for MES, as there is clearly an additional step needed by the current software when ECU's are replaced with new units.
LucasLutian

Post by LucasLutian »

If the airbag node is revealed as "Not Present" and "Not Active" it indicates that one's human body doesn't have see the airbag node.