Fiat Punto Grande - Clutch Self Calibration

Multiecuscan usage help and guides
Tamas_1986

Fiat Punto Grande - Clutch Self Calibration

Post by Tamas_1986 »

Hi Everyone,

I am a proud owner of a Fiat Punto Grande (2009) !!Selespeed!! wonder and recently my car mechanic replaced the clutch in my car. Since then the car does not want to shift gears only 1 and the reverse work. We have tried all the learning process on the car but it always fails on this last step of "Clutch Self Calibration".

Could someone please write down the exact steps we need to follow and do, step by step to make this work? I know that the program shows it too but maybe we miss something. A detailed description would come very-very handy for us!
Tamas_1986

Re: Fiat Punto Grande - Clutch Self Calibration

Post by Tamas_1986 »

Anyone? :| I was pretty sure that someone will know the answer
s130

Post by s130 »

Long time since I had a selespeed Stilo Abarth.

The fact that only 1st / rev are selectable suggests to me a vapour lock in one ore more of the selespeed hydraulic actuators.

Check these are correctly bled.

On the Stilo Abarth when people got stuck in 1st/rev then you could reset the selespeed unit by opening and closing the drivers do 10 times. Can't recall if this was with the ignition off or on.

Check your Punto owners manual.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus
Tamas_1986

Post by Tamas_1986 »

Thanks for your response s130. In theory we did everything perfectly fine, and we are just about to give it another try with another brand new clutch.

With the current one (what is also a brand new clutch) we get an error what I am not sure how to translate back to english.
It is complaining about a wrong "clutch grip position" (maybe?). So the position of the clutch where it starts to work.

I can only guess (based on google search) that this is something what others struggling too and they referring for this as "clutch stroke insufficient".