Lancia delta 1.9 twin turbo

General support messages
Delta3

Lancia delta 1.9 twin turbo

Post by Delta3 »

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if someone now how to check the boost on both turbines.
I have MES 5.2 registered version and in engine ecu parameters I have are:
Boost preasure [mbar]
Boost control/solenoid [%]
Boost control (2) [%]

So when testing with running motor two first are readed but the third Boost control (2) stays at 95% and doesn't change at all.

The reason I'm asking is becouse the boost indicator on the dashboard can't reach the maximum over 3k rpm. Also I feel some downgrade of power over 3k rpm. Especially on 6th gear.

When provide the boost control solenoid actuator test wastegate of low rpm turbine is moving the other not.
It is the same with shwitched off/on engine.

I suspect that the ecu does not control corectly the second turbo, but at the moment I can't find a proove for that :-).

Also the signal to vacuum sensor linked to the wastegate of high turbine is measured as 10.6 V at connectors. If I give 12.3 V to sensor contacts the wastegate moves. So the vacuum is there and the valve is not stacked. That is way i suspect the problem is somewhere in related systems.

And my big concerns are comming from the position the wastegate stays. If it is normaly closed it can harm the engine. If it is normaly open it not so bad but still should be fixed.

So I would like to check live data under load and if I can read the values of second boost it will give me some information. I hope.