Proxy Alignment

General support messages
alfa156sarajevo

Re: Proxy Alignment

Post by alfa156sarajevo »

TMC Motorsport wrote:
yani wrote:Please try the new version 2.6.1. It should fix the problems with PROXI Procedure.
I have the same problem. Don't Work!

The message is the same "Failed to Execute" in the end.
I also have the same problem! :roll: Try it 10 times on Alfa 147 JTD and no luck! :(
This is the message that I got:
EXECUTING ADJUSTMENT...
PROXI Alignment Procedure
Writing CAN configuration data ...
Writing to module: Body Computer Node (NBC)SUCCESS!
Writing to module: Dashboard Node (NQS)FAILED!
Writing to module: Driver Door Node (NPG)SUCCESS!
Writing to module: Climate Control Node (NCL)SUCCESS!
FAILED TO EXECUTE

Does anyone have any idea? :roll:
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars
fiatbravoemotion

Post by fiatbravoemotion »

I have a question about Proxy Alignment. I would like to mount additional heather PTC in Bravo. In Examiner is an option, which can activate control PTC with climate controler.
And second question. In a few days I'll change counter in dashboard to other one and I need to synchronize mileage on new counter with current saved in body computer.
Is Proxy Alignment can set options above?
stilos

Post by stilos »

Hi,

I've installed a Connect Nav+ to my Bravo 2008. Of course, I have a flashing odometer. I should do a proxy alignment, just I'm afraid a little bit.
If it fails, won't make anything wrong?

Thanks
Fiat Stilo 1.4 16V and Fiat Bravo T-Jet owner
fiatbravoemotion

I think that Proxy Alignement can't do with FES in Bravo. I have trouble in Bravo 07, friend has trouble in Stilo. Always you can drive to Fiat Service to do Proxi Alignment. I think it will be cost about 5 Euro with friendly mechanic...
stilos

Post by stilos »

fiatbravoemotion wrote:I think that Proxy Alignement can't do with FES in Bravo. I have trouble in Bravo 07, friend has trouble in Stilo. Always you can drive to Fiat Service to do Proxi Alignment. I think it will be cost about 5 Euro with friendly mechanic...
Thanks. I've read your problem.
I have a lot of stilo owner friends and one Croma owner, whose applied succesfully the proxy alignment after Connect Nav+ or Cruise control installation. None of them replaced the odometer.
My question is, that did you see any new problem after failed proxy alignment or the worst thing was, that the problem is still existing?
fiatbravoemotion

I've never been successfully done Proxi Alignment (too small cars :)). I think if there is any problem when FES is trying to align proxi, FES is displaying communicate about error and stops all operation. Proxi Alignment is learning a body computer which things are connected to him. Only this. If operation will not completed successfully, computers should boot again on last remember or factory settings. Of course when I write about error I think trouble with body computer, not eg. battery in laptop is out or computer hangs up. In this case everything is possible.

When I added Cruise Control in my Bravo, odometer was ok and about 3 seconds body computer has detected new device and LED was lightning few seconds after I was turn on CC. And this is normal, becouse CC is connected to engine controler with 4 wires. Other cars as Grande Punto and probably Croma too CC is communicating by CAN Network with body - only 2 wires. In Stilo was built other than Bravo, but body computers are the same in this cars :)

About my problem with Delta odometer in Bravo, the problem is firmware in odomoter. Everything is OK, communicate is ok, all leds are lightning when need, but can't Proxi Alignment by FES and Examiner. But few persons is working about it :) In odometer is something like sim-lock; any odo-lock :D

I think that Yani write something about Your question, becouse He is a Master :)

Regards,
Luki
stilos

Post by stilos »

Thanks for Your answer.
In this case I will try the proxy alignment on my bravo. If proxy is fail, I will use a time delay relay.
Just as an interesting thing:
If I turn the key to MAR, but not to start engine, and after a few seconds to off then immediatly to start engine, odo isn't flashing and all info available on Connect Nav instad of when odometer is flashing.
fiatbravoemotion

I think this is a power trouble. When you wait to all leds are of, the body computer is testing all systems. When you fast start engine, body computer stops testing system and working on default saved setting.

It's only my opinion, I've never read any materials about it.
yani
Site Admin

Post by yani »

If I turn the key to MAR, but not to start engine, and after a few seconds to off then immediatly to start engine, odo isn't flashing and all info available on Connect Nav instad of when odometer is flashing.
This is an interesting trick or probably a bug in the Body Computer.

When you turn the key to MAR the Body Computer does a complete check of the CAN network and all connected modules. This operation takes ~4 seconds (according to Fiat documentation). If it finds a module that is not correctly coded to the specific vehicle then the Odometer begins to flash.
The purpose of the PROXI alignment is to code and configure all modules correctly for the specific vehicle. The PROXI function in Multiecuscan currently has a problem with Stilo climate control module and Alfa 147 instrument cluster which do not accept the new code and configuration (I don't know why, yet).
If you replace the door module in a 147 and then execute PROXI Alignment - multiecuscan will say "FAILED" because it has failed to configure the instrument panel module. However, your odometer will stop flashing because the new door module will be coded and configured properly.
Klusek

Post by Klusek »

yani wrote:Please try the new version 2.6.1. It should fix the problems with PROXI Procedure.
I have this problem too with Stilo 1,9 JTD.
In attachment is the log of the alignment.

P.S. Sorry for my english :oops:
Attachments
FESLog_1102051619_FIAT STILO 1.9 JTD.txt
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Fiat Stilo 3D, 115HP vel Black Pearl ;)
Sorry for my english. I use google translator ;)