read error parameters & test actuators Bravo/Brava 99'

Report any bugs found in Multiecuscan and suggest new functionality to be implemented
Darkman

read error parameters & test actuators Bravo/Brava 99'

Post by Darkman »

I greet you all warmly. ;)

For some time testing the FES on a few cars: Bravo / Brava 1.2 16V 1999-2000 year.
I wanted to write a few things that do not work in my program. And read some of the values ​​deviate from the actual value of the real thing.

The first thing concerns: battery charging and battery voltage.

In all four cars that diagnose FES program (any version) shows me the battery voltage: between 11.90V to 12.05 V = weak battery.
The service checked all 4 batteries, and he also checked and the voltage is correct: 12.70 V to 12.83 V = this is true - these batteries are new.
The second thing is charging when the engine is running.
Showing 13.74 to 13.80V with no load = in the Bravo / Brava is to say that the alternator is replaced.
If you add gas to the voltage drops in the FES!
2000rpm = 13.66V,
3000rpm = 13.56V ....... etc. and should grow?
If you add load: fan, heated rear window, light is measured decreases of up to 11.90V - 12.10V is already a drama
The service charge checked in all 4 cars and result it's = from 14.17V to 14.30 V at idle speed, no load on the engine. This is a correct indication.
differences in the program and in fact are too large and for the average user, and indicate a weak battery and the alternator is faulty. A few friends after the diagnosis (marea/brava too)was returned to me on this account. When they went to the car electrician to confirm this fact. As it turned out everything was ok also, it's just cheated program.

The third problem is the execution of test actuators.
can not perform the test water temperature control.
engine fan test also does not work.
ABS - sometimes you can not perform the test sensors: writes the inscription was not performed or disconnects after running the test
Another thing to scan airbag: a few times doing the scan driver airbag in the same car with different composition showed airbags: 2F, then, 2F-2L, and recently 2F-2L-2S. every time otherwise detect.

One last point I want to hook up my old topic that I established for the disconnection and latency too .Unless all interested parties have forgotten about it
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2225&start=0

This is what I gave above is not a super serious problem, but if we report any deficiencies and bugs that I did. Prior to testing, of course, a few times on several cars error to exclude one car error- engine,abs or airbag driver.

greetings to you all & do not be mad at me Yani that I wrote it here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmanxxx09?feature=mhum
Channel with our cars & diagnostics Fiat Brava using Multiecuscan - VAG KKL dedicated for FES + ELM327 1.4
yani
Site Admin

Re: read error parameters & test actuators Bravo/Brava 99'

Post by yani »

Hi,
The first thing concerns: battery charging and battery voltage.
Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do here... The voltage is measured inside the ECU by its circuits. Multiecuscan simply reads the value reported by the ECU and shows it on the screen. It is going up and down because the ECU reports it this way.
Did you actually measure the votage at the ECU pins?
differences in the program and in fact are too large and for the average user, and indicate a weak battery and the alternator is faulty.
That is actually not true. The voltage differences indicate that the power supply voltage of the ECU drops which does not mean that the voltage at the battery drops as well. The voltage at the ECU may drop for many reasons like: bad earth, bad contact at the connector, too much load on the ECU power supply wires, faulty measuring circuit inside the ECU...
The third problem is the execution of test actuators.
can not perform the test water temperature control.
engine fan test also does not work.

It is normal for some actuator tests to not work on all versions of the ECUs, but sometimes it is caused by incorrect data entered by me...
So, please give me the model of the ECU (I think it was IAW 49, but please confrim that I remeber properly) and I will double check if the tests are correct.
ABS - sometimes you can not perform the test sensors: writes the inscription was not performed or disconnects after running the test
Teves Mk20/70 has some restrictions for running the tests. They will be interrupted, for example, if you try to monitor parameters while running a test. Please send report after a disconnect and I will check why this happens.
Another thing to scan airbag: a few times doing the scan driver airbag in the same car with different composition showed airbags: 2F, then, 2F-2L, and recently 2F-2L-2S. every time otherwise detect.
I fixed the airbag recognition in version 3.0. So, in version 3 and newer the airbags should be reported properly.

Regards,
Yani
Darkman

Re: read error parameters & test actuators Bravo/Brava 99'

Post by Darkman »

thank you for very fast and accurate response.

My ECU is a Bosch Motronic M1.5.5 Injection (1.2 16V)
ECU ISO Code: FE 86 08 98 79

ISO code: FE 86 08 98 79
FIAT drawing number: 46777819
No. HW: 0261206276
HW ver: 00
SW Number: 1037352671
Ver SW: 0102
No homologation: _FIRE_
Programing Date: 11/13/1999

Airbag first diagnosed 2.6.1 show me - 2F-2L-2S

FES 2.8: 2F-2L

FES 3.2: 2F

FES 3.3 was not connected yet

Thanks for everything - as I connected to the ABS and I start to do tests to corroborate the report and send you on private message confirm ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmanxxx09?feature=mhum
Channel with our cars & diagnostics Fiat Brava using Multiecuscan - VAG KKL dedicated for FES + ELM327 1.4