Add new key?

General support messages
juanpa

Add new key?

Post by juanpa »

Hi.
Can I add a new and original key at my alfa 147 JTDm 2004 with multiecuscan 2.3.1??
Thanks.
yani
Site Admin

Re: Add new key?

Post by yani »

No, key programming procedure is not implemented in Multiecuscan.
Only the remote control programming is implemented, and current version supports only Stilo and Punto.

Yani
juanpa

Post by juanpa »

A lot of thanks.
bas

Post by bas »

yani wrote:No, key programming procedure is not implemented in Multiecuscan.
When it will be implemented?

BAS
yani
Site Admin

Post by yani »

The procedure for programming keys is actually very simple to implement (it is similar to the RC programming), but I did not implement it for the following reasons:
1. It is dangerous. While the RC programming is harmless and cannot do any damage to your pocket, the key programming procedure can - if you fail to register all of your keys and they will be permanently disabled. There is no way to re-enable a disabled key. You will need a new transponder.
2. I don't have much info about the transponders that are required for the new keys. I don't know if you can get a blank ID48 transponder and register it in the body computer. I read some info on the forums that the transponder needs to be pre-programmed with some code before registering it in the body computer.

Yani
s130

Post by s130 »

Lani is probably quite right to avoid key programming, because if anything goes wrong, either due to user error or a Multiecuscan issue then recovering from this could be very expensive.

Either

1) Get a Fiat dealer or other garage to do it. If it goes wrong it is their responsibility to put things straight

2) Get your existing keys(s) cloned
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus