Incorrect conditions to run test?????

General support messages
Bergmister

Incorrect conditions to run test?????

Post by Bergmister »

I am trying to reset my inertia switch on my 2018 Gulia. I have the elm 327 obd2 Wi-Fi version. I see a lot of people use the usb version with high speed. Is the Wi-Fi version my problem of why I cannot reset my inertia switch, and that it keeps giving me the "failed to execute" incorrect conditions to run test? I am also supposed to be plugging this into my 12 and 8 pin bypass wires to scan and clear correct?
s130

Re: Incorrect conditions to run test?????

Post by s130 »

All interfaces unless they a multiplexed and supported by MES (MES supports CANtieCAR and Vgate vLinker multiplex interfaces) will require the use of adapter cables as required. If and adapter cable is required then MES should prompt accordingly.

If your 2018 Guilia has a Security Gateway (SGW) then you will additionally need an SGW Bypass Cable.

If the SGW is integrated into the Body Computer (BCM) (this is certainly the case on some later Ducato model but probably on other later cars as well) then some serious hacking will be required which to my knowledge nobody has tried yet)

I don't use a Bluetooth interface with MES so cannot comment on their relative capabilities etc.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus
Bergmister

Re: Incorrect conditions to run test?????

Post by Bergmister »

I have a bypass and i have the y cable that connects to both of the cables that goes to a obd2 connection. I am connecting into that to do the scan. Wondering if that is what i need to be connecting into to cleat the code. or do i need to plug my bypass in and then use the original obd2.