ECU EEPROM/FLASH read/write

Report any bugs found in Multiecuscan and suggest new functionality to be implemented
petke

ECU EEPROM/FLASH read/write

Post by petke »

Hello Yani!

I think that will be good if your prog will be avaible to read and write the ECU EEPROM/FLASH contents.
I understand it that full content read and full contents write in.

Have a lot of method for modify different things, but I cant find a avaible prog
for R/W and save the full contents of ECU EEPROM/FLASH.

What is your opinion about this?

With best regards!
Peti
EnIgMa

Re: ECU EEPROM/FLASH read/write

Post by EnIgMa »

It's a hardware issue; elm or kkl devices can only read and send commands that ecu just read.
Last edited by EnIgMa on 23 May 2010, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
petke

Post by petke »

Thank you for your replay!

But I think, if program avaible that send command to ECU to read same eeprom adress (for example Fault Codes)
and avaible that send command to ECU that rewite same eeprom adress (for example actuator tests)
accordind this methot possible read step by step all eeprom adresses
and after possible rewite step by step all adresses.
EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa »

I don't know...
I don't know how engine ECU actually works so i'm just supposing.
If ecu execute some pre-ordered commands you can just use them and nothing else.
If elm can only send/receive pre-ordered commands you're in the same situation as above.

Otherwise if you can operate in a kind of low-level language/comunication you probably should be able to do what you said. Reading specific ecu data address and writing on it.

What it's making me thinking you can only do the first thing is that everybody says elm can only read and not write. (For read-only i think they mean "it's just a command interpreter")
If elm could write and change specific data addresses on ecu, i think, a lot of people would use it for chip tuning instead of buying expensive hardware. don't you? :)

Maybe Yani or some expert here can clear it out for us :)
wilco1v

Post by wilco1v »

i did read ecu with digiflacer black edition

it is stilo 1.6 mw 2003
change the text file extension in binary , if you could tell me witch adress is what you,r my hero
belive me it,s not easy , dont mess up ecu file,s if you don,t now what is what !!!
i like to change torq limmitter 100ps to 120 ps

good luck
update 10-2010
STILO16-txt.txt
ecu file stilo mw 1.6 16v 2003
(528 KiB) Downloaded 841 times
with kwp2000 not done missing dll18 to read iaw5nf
waiting for galletto 1260
somewhere out there with modif file stilo 1.6 16v ??

hope that yani update fes so it can read the ecu file,s so people can share them (orig /modif)

recieved the galletto clone eobd1260-programmer can read yes , program in boot modus see pdf file = missing
who have this file for me iaw5nf in boot modus...?
programming not done ,not tested car is still fine.
Waltomatic

Post by Waltomatic »

Exhuming this topic...

Currently it is possible read/write the ECU with VagCom/KKL (FTDI chipset) and Galletto. It would be interesting to think of a program to remap some ECUs?
alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo »

+ one more: MPPS via OBD 16 pin connector!

There is a clone version v13 or v13.02. It is the same thing just eBay sellers take more money with v13.02.
If someone wants to buy original product it costs around 2000 GPB but can do almost all ECUs.

There is also good EU clone. The seller is in Austria and clone version v16 cost around 250 EURO.
So there is solutions for all who want to tune the ECUs.

But be really careful. Some ECUs are listed in MPPS and they should be done with MPPS and when you try it or does not work or you kill the ECU. So please be really careful.
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars
Waltomatic

Post by Waltomatic »

Tank you very much, "Sara", hehehe

I've learned a bit more the last few days and am trying TunerPro RT with ELM327 and, YES, I am veeeryyy careful!!! I know the risk and have a spare ECU.
maxth3mad

Post by maxth3mad »

Someone has tried MPPS on MED7.1.1 ?