FAULTY ELM 327 INTERFACES DE-MYSTIFIED (READ HERE)

Multiecuscan usage help and guides
Alfaeddy

Re: FAULTY ELM 327 INTERFACES DE-MYSTIFIED (READ HERE)

Post by Alfaeddy »

Hello sebBB

The problem described here does not apply to your error
Since your ECU is not read with CAN bus.

Your air conditioning is read via CAN, but is indeed to read

Have you asked the Latency Time in 1?

Control Panel / COM port / properties / advanced / latency time = 1 (previously 16)

Greetings Eddy
sebBB

Post by sebBB »

Hello Eddy,

Thank you for your answer and your reactivity. I'm new to OBD diag and I don't know which module are on CAN bus and which are not.

I have made the latency time tunning, but without more success .1,4,16, I haven't seen some changes (I haven't reboot between changes but I don't think it's necessary).
This morning, I have tried to connect to a stylo 1.9 (2002) and it works.
Sometime, the serial port seems to be not released by MES, and other test fail. You have provided a link to some driver in a previous post, does it address this kind of problem? (I will try it anyway - edit: tested, and it doesn't seems to work with my BT interface)

After having succeeded with the stilo, I have replugged the bravo and forgot to change the car settings. I have clicked to connect and it works (obviously, code reader was quite lost with some code and I have quickly disconnected it to avoid mess). Can you see how it could be explain? Perhaps my bravo has a different ECU than the one referenced in MES? I have tried to make a scan, but as I said previously, it doesn't seems to work. How long does it take approximatively to scan module?

Thank you very much again for your help

Seb

Edit: I have let the scan run for 30min, and it finds me a lot of module (clim,airbag,board...), except the one I need, motor! :cry:
Alfaeddy

Post by Alfaeddy »

Hi Seb

The scan (F11) should not take longer than a min.

Why your motor control is not found I do not know
It was supposed to be 16, Motronic EDC?
MES and find other controls and the ECU should be found?

Does your interface may not contact pin 7?
A friend had this once, found all controls except the ECU only
after he wobbled on the interface, he was able to connect :-(

Sorry :?

Greetings Eddy
gondal

Post by gondal »

at this elm remove even capacitor r14 then perhaps it should be accessible to all

Master200 wrote:Hi. I just bought this pice of crap. I have a Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD from 2002. When i connect the elm 327 (at least so it wrights on the case) i get LOOSE CONNECTION on the computer board..and the lights are going on..i can connect to the ENGINE and there on the errors tab i can see that it says the interface don't comunicate on the CAN -bus..i opend then the interface to remove the R04 resistor and surprise..the resistor is alreadey removed... :?: ...so what can i do to connect to service..somethings is wrong but what?..it shouldn't say LOOSE CONNECTION when i plug the interface...pffff...i'm so upset.. :cry

:
Attachments
back.jpg
back.jpg (118.25 KiB) Viewed 5795 times
Alfaeddy

Post by Alfaeddy »

Hello Gondal

Do not remove the R14, this is wrong
This resistor is needed for the LED and has nothing to do with the problem described in this CAN bus

Which vehicle control and you want to read because??

Please shut times more information

Greetings Eddy
gondal

Post by gondal »

at Alfa GT was necessary to eliminate this resistance is not otherwise possible to connect to a service interval and can ;)
Alfaeddy

Post by Alfaeddy »

gondal wrote:at Alfa GT was necessary to eliminate this resistance is not otherwise possible to connect to a service interval and can ;)

Hello

This is not right ;)
R14 is not a problem at this interface

if this interface can read Multiecuscan no CAN bus it is up to
R4 but is not present at the interface in the picture

This interface should be in the picture without problems with MES can read the CAN bus

Greetings Eddy
sebBB

Post by sebBB »

Thanks Eddy, I think you have rightly pointed my problem. Now I think I need your electronic skills (or any other electronic guru here).

I have investigated on the pin 7 circuit to the ELM, and one thing doesn't seems good to me in my interface. Here is a picture to explain (if quality isn't enough, I can upload high res):
ELM327BTv1_5_front_pb.jpg
ELM327BTv1_5_front_pb.jpg (467.94 KiB) Viewed 5789 times
I have followed the continuity from the pin 7 to the ELM (red line on the pic). In reading spec, it seems that there would be only a R20 47k between the elm and the pin 7. That's correct with R21 on mine card but I also have a 22K (R23 on my pcb, circle on the picture) in serial. Do you think I have to remove/shunt it to connect to ISO/KL line? (if a stilo 2002 don't use K/L to connect to motor ECU, that could explain my problem very well, but if it's wrong, i'm lost :? )

Here is the ELM 327 spec for this part :
ELM327_isoKL.png
ELM327_isoKL.png (10.09 KiB) Viewed 5789 times
Many thanks and regards
Alfaeddy

Post by Alfaeddy »

Hi Seb

I do not think your board has an error!

Can you to connect a steering or ABS?

Greetings Eddy
sebBB

Post by sebBB »

Alfaeddy wrote:Can you to connect a steering or ABS?
Nope, I haven't tried explicitly these modules but when I have done the scan, the full list of modules that have communicated is Airbag, Body, Dashboard (instrument panel and Blue and me) and climate controle.

How can I check that K/L line is able to communicate with my car and work well on my interface? Because if I have understand, it's the way to go to the engine.

Thank you

Edit: after a recheck, I think you're right, r21 is at the right place because it's connected to the ground, as on spec. It's just connected to another pin of the elm.